Let’s face it, I am not a fashionista. I have this lady inside me that cherish all things feminine and classy. Even though I like to follow trends, I am always interested in finding classic quality pieces that I can enjoy for the rest of my life. The seasonal pieces is great to spice up the wardrobe classics, so a mix is the goal.
In my opinion, these are the ultimate classic pieces that should be found in every woman’s wardrobe:
1. The Little Black Dress. Perfect for evertything from cocktail parties to the office, it depends on how you dress it up or down. It’s your safe card when you have a party coming up and you don’t know what to wear.
2. The Bag that your grandchildren is going to inherit. Do not be tempted to buy the hottest Proenza Schouler, this should be a real classic.
3. Black pumps. They may not live as long as the bag, but they are so safe and versatile that you can sex up any outfit to look like a million dollars. Be careful when you choose the hight of the heels, walking like a goose is not very sexy.
4. Rolex. Classic. An investment. Most likely a present from someone who loves you very much, or from yourself when you get your first promotion. Please do not go for one that is too big or the rose gold with flower print version (unless you are really, really rich). You WILL get tired of it.
5. Hermés scarf. Maybe you think a scarf like this is a little too ladylike for you, or that you’re not a silk scarf person. Well, when you’re in the south of France and get invited to a fabulous yatch trip, or that all they had left at the car rental service was a convertible, you will thank me.
6. Diamonds are a girl’s best friend. And they really do last forever. Wear them with anything, and feel fabulous.
7. Don’t buy a fragrance just because it’s a new hot designer or that the bottle looks nice. Search for YOUR scent every time you stop by a perfume shop or walk through tax free shops in airports. Remember to always try it on your skin to experience the scent on you. It has taken me 15 years to find my favourite.
8. Red is hot. This lipstick is my favourite, but be sure to find your shade of red that best matches your complexion and colours. It will match any outfit no matter what. Be careful with the rest of the makeup though, you don’t want to look like a clown.
9. Hoisery should be quality. Please listen to me.
10. Imagine you put on your most sexy dress and expensive shoes. You use hours on hair and make up. Underneath you have the saggy washed out granny-panties and a bra that has seen the washing machine too many times. The answer is simple, this is basic psychology. Feel one hundred percent sexy from inside and out, and that is what you will radiate to the rest of the world. Agent Provocateur or La Perla will do the trick.
Important: The guide above is not an outfit itself. These are the basic items in your wardrobe that you mix with seasonal pieces.
Good luck to all classy and fabulous women out there, embrace your inner lady!
The start of a moodboard at work // A blogpost on Anndra Neen
At work: Making a feature on orange // My new camera and family member, Mr.Nikon
Bracelets hanging in my showroom // Refill of bracelets and earrings for one of my customers, packed up and ready to be delivered.
My dog Gizmo taking a nap // Beautiful flowers from my previous colleagues
My favourite bracelet inside glass with birds on // My new Gubi table. Finnaly.
Vintage perfume bottle that brings back memories from my childhood // Crystal bottles for my collection
Saturday visit in the ice cream shop // Home made oatmeal/chocolate/coconut sweets
This week has been amazing, and yesterday evening was bliss with SATC marathon and sweets. Today my only mission is to clean out the basement and organize. I just can’t wait to find out what next week will bring, but I kinda know that it’s going to be amazing!
Follow me on Instagram: @an_act_of_style