1. My two dogs are enjoying the sun on the balcony. Gizmo (the pomeranian) likes my papparazzi-moves, I think he has a secret dream of being a famous model/movie star.
2. I am trying something new. Usually I stick with Estée Lauder for face, but now I am giving The Body Shop a try.
3. L’Occitane. Best series ever: Verbena. The scent is lemon fresh, and the scrub is really great. The handsoap even comes in re-fill.
I brought these babies to work today. The recipe is from the book The Hummingbird Bakery CAKE DAYS Recipes to make Every Day Special. Some blue sprinkles from Dean and Deluca to bring in colour. Yum!
1. Red YSL lipstick (it looks a little pink in this picture, but it really is drop dead sexy-red).
2. Vintage Dior jacket inherited by my grandmother.
3. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Protectant, “Berry”.
4. “Love” mugs, engagement gift from my mother-in-law.
5. Mocca cupcakes, picture and recipe from my new cook book The Hummingbird Bakery Cakedays. I am making them tonight to bring them to our morning meeting on Friday.
This week I actual found the foundation for my wedding dress. The dress was custom made for my grandmother in a studio in Paris in 1962. My grandfather and grandmother both looked stunning that night, I am so glad they saved the pictures.
The dress has quite a strong colour, so I am adding some layers of lace or silk chiffon to tone it down a bit. In two weeks my mother and I are going to Paris to find some nice fabrics so we can start the upgrade of the dress. I am so happy that my mother is a designer!
Thank you for a lovely engagement lunch, I really love both my current family and my soon-to-be family. Got to take these nice cups and flowers home, bringing some colours into my white home (check out my Instagram to see what my soon-to-be mother in law gave me)
Here is some Sunday inspiration: